Wednesday 1 January 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Happy new year to all (I doubt anyone still reads my blog)!

I can't believe a year has passed by with me only making one blog post, but it has. Time just got the better of me in 2013, it was the year of adjusting  to going out to work once again, albeit for only three part time days per week, but it definitely took some getting used to.  

Poor old Pepe, Gingercat, was diagnosed with diabetes at the tail end of 2012 and spent nine months battling this miserable illness.  Sadly in August the vet discovered a tumour in her tummy so we made the sad but kind decision to say goodbye to her.  I still miss her funny ways.  In October we acquired a new pussy cat to keep Splatty boy company, a little black and white kitten called Pumpkin.  She adores Splat and has done from the minute she came home.  He likes her too, and lovingly brings in mice for her to chase around the kitchen!

I have still managed to find time to craft in 2013, crochet still being my favourite.  I have just finished off a baby blanket, and plan to knit my first ever pair of socks this year! 

I would really like to contribute to my blog this year on a regular basis, I love reading blogs still but have found that I haven't had the time or inclination to write which is a real shame,  sometimes it's just that technology gets the better of me.  I want to add some photos today but I'm not  sure how to do so from the IPad!

My main resolution for 2014 is to worry less and to continue to try and improve my fitness and weight loss.  Last year I managed to loose two stone, through a combination of diet and lots and lots of walking. It has felt like a big achievement but I would like to loose some more weight and get fitter?  It all starts tomorrow, no excuses to eat chocolate or drink alcohol now Xmas is over.  I just hope the weather picks up, it's been very miserable here today.  

I shall endeavour to add some photos but I'm not promising it will work!, 

Till next time.

Alison xx


2 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from you Alison. Wow 2 stone is a big achievement well done. Hope to see you more regularly here.
    http://howsoonisnow-tcg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you ~ Looking forward to seeing those socks :O)x

    ReplyDelete